Law of Internet Security and Privacy is the first legal guide to focus on critical issues of Internet security and privacy that affect businesses. This remarkably practical guide provides up-to-the-minute legal analysis and specific guidance to help combat deceptive online practices, protect privacy online, and avoid potentially devastating liability.
You'll find the tools and information you need to respond effectively to universal security concerns such as viruses, backdoors and cryptography. The author analyzes the state of the law and sets forth clear guidelines on how to:
• Assess your system's risk against viruses
• Understand the uses of and problems with backdoors
• Develop essential security infrastructure
• Trap intruders
• Monitor employee use of computer/communications facilities
• Respond to claims against the employer resulting from misuse of the Internet
• Protect against unsolicited email (or spam)
• Untangle the bewildering array of regulations by different jurisdictions that influence e-commerce and the Internet.With its clear focus, rigorous legal analysis, and practical approach, Law of Internet Security and Privacy is an indispensable resource for key business decision makers and their counsel wrestling with emerging Internet privacy and security concerns.
eBook tags: law, internet, security, and, privacy,, 2003, edition, epub, download, epub, marie connolly