The second edition of The Definitive Guide to Criminal Justice and Criminology on the World Wide Web offers a roadmap to the Web for students in the fields of criminal justice and criminology. Supported by a dedicated Web site of its own (http://talkjustice.com), The Definitive Guide takes students on a tour of Web tools and resources of relevance to criminal justice and criminology. It shows students "what's possible" on the Web. The guide also facilitates distance learning and enhances the ability of institutions of higher education, training academies, and other schools to offer distance learning classes in criminal justice and criminology over the Web. The Definitive Guide to Criminal Justice and Criminology on the World Wide Web provides an overview of:
• Web-based resources in the criminal justice and criminology fields
• the historical development of the Internet and the Web
• the software, hardware, and types of connections needed to enter cyberspace today
• e-mail and its potential uses
• Web search engines and how to get the most out of them
• netiquette (Web etiquette)
• careers in criminal justice and criminology on the Web
• Web-based career resources
• security issues involving the Internet, the Web, and e-mail
• Internet glossary terms
The second edition of this guide adds descriptions of many more first-rate crime and justice sites that students and professors will want to visit. It also contains the full report of the NEW President's Working Group on Unlawful Conduct on the Internet.
• The DefinitiveGuide to Criminal Justice and Criminology on the World Wide Web, second edition, is supported by Talk Justice (http://talkjustice.com), a dedicated World Wide Web site that includes the following features:
• The Talk Justice Cybrary, containing all of the links listed in this guideand morewith daily updates. The Cybrary's 12,000 crime and justice links make it "the world's criminal justice directory" on the Web.
• Discussion groups, making it possible for visitors to leave messages for other site participants, to thread those messages, and to re-enter the on-going discussion at any time.
• A chat facility, allowing guests to participate in real-time discussions with others about criminal justice and criminology related issues.
• Message boards, covering important crime and justice issues.
• A "clickable" image-map of the criminal justice system, with embedded definitions.
eBook tags: the, definitive, guide, criminal, justice, and, criminology, the, world, wide, web, epub, download, epub, frank schmalleger